Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow in Cumming (Again)

I'm working from home today, and the prospect of a night-ride is looking grim this week, so around lunch I jumped out on the road for an hour.

Though, given the conditions in the neighborhood, I went with the mountain bike instead of the road bike.

 Nuckolls

It's like 34 degrees, so everything is starting to melt. It was icy at the intersection with Hwy 20 and I spun a 180 trying to ease over to the right side of the road, but I didn't go down, Woohoo! Skills.

Hwy 20 and the main roads were pretty clear.

 Hwy 20

Yet another reason that I need a cross bike.

I rode through town, across the foot of a shrouded Sawnee Mountain...

 Sawnee Mountain

...and back through town again.

 Veterans' Memorial

There were a million little rivers running down the street and once again, it was the rolling shower. I've had too many rolling showers this winter.

Back in the neighborhood, I slid pretty well coming around an off camber corner by my house. The lady who lives on the corner was out with her video camera and just happened to catch it. We talked for a while. She hadn't been out of the neighborhood and wondered if the whole city was still shut down. It's kind of an odd mix. About half of the stores were open. Waffle House was open. They were open yesterday too. My boss and I were joking about that, actually. It can't be the apocalypse if the Waffle House is still open.

No comments:

Post a Comment