Saturday, April 5, 2014

Silk Sheets

They say... It's better to burn out than fade away. It's safe to say I've been doing a bit of the latter lately. It might even be safe to say that for the forseeable future, I'll be doing even more.

It's sad what passes for adventure these days. So sad that I dare not even capitalize the A. Not that I haven't been having a decent time, but you can hardly call it adventure. I've been on the road a lot lately and it looks like I'll be on the road a lot more.

Today me and John rode about 65 on the Silk Sheets.

Silk Sheets

Not too much to talk about really. It was a great ride. Endless country roads with very little traffic. I had bad sleep all week but I still felt pretty strong and so did my bro. I struggled a little here and there and so did he. Not much though.

We had one mechanical.

Fixin Stuff

John really put it down about 3 or 4 miles from the end. I wasn't sure how much we had left so I was reticent to do much but sit on. Maybe I'll challenge him a bit next time though, now that I have some idea of the route.

I did get an unexpected sunburn. Ha! I guess it's that time of year again. Time to break out the Coppertone, bake to a golden brown, and imagine Phil Liggett making unintentionally homoerotic comments about my powerful bronze legs.

Definitely time for the first two at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment