Sunday, July 7, 2019

Cochran Mill

I wouldn't normally mention a ride at Cochran Mill, but sometimes something crazy happens. That's how it was last time I mentioned it, and that's how it is this time too.

In fact, the story is almost exactly the same:

  • My brother texted a bunch of us to see if anyone wanted to ride.
  • I was the only one who could.
  • I met him after work on Friday.
  • I was following him on the orange loop.
  • I hit something that yanked the bike out from under me and sent me flying.

Shred.

Shred.

Cram.

This time, I pedaled into a rock though. Also, this time, I didn't break any ribs or injure my back. Actually, I may have injured my back, but just a little. Not like last time. Also, unlike last time, my seat was broken, so we had to call it a day.

I just can't seem to keep from crashing. That's 3 times in the last 4 or 5 rides. On the one hand, I think it's God trying to tell me that I CAN crash without breaking ribs, which I was starting to doubt. On the other hand, I don't know what else to take away from it. Maybe that I need to ride with other people more? My following skills are probably to blame for the two crashes at Cochran. The two on the River Loop were new tires and wet roots though.

Whatever it is, I hope I manage to figure it out soon, because this really sucks. I'm having a hard time finding positions to sleep in. I'm just constantly waking up because I've managed to turn in my sleep and lie on some injured part.

Sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment