Thursday, April 21, 2022

Forney

A few weeks back I visited my folks in Texas for about a week and a half. My dad's been dealing with a non-bike-related back injury lately, so he wasn't able to ride much while I was there, but we did go for one ride around the local neighborhoods.

Dad Fooling With His Phone 
	Dad

They're building a bunch of them right now and extending other ones. There used to be a giant field south of my folks' neighborhood, with a big hill and trails all over, but it's been obliterated and they're building houses there now. Fun while it lasted, I guess.

One of the new neighborhoods has a bit of a lake behind it. Maybe it'll have a trail around it some day too.

Lake Behind Some New Neighborhood

During another quick ride around town, a hole in my back tire that I'd been managing for weeks started leaking. I had to stop over and over, find some dirt to crush it into, then hope it would hold for a few more miles. I made it home, but I could feel it getting low before I did.

Still, I managed to get a few good photos while I was out.

It was pretty windy.

Pretty Windy

And, there are these massive fields of yellow flowers north of 80 that just go on forever. When I think of Forney, these fields are one of the things that always come to mind.

Flowers on Gateway Boulevard 
	More Flowers on Gateway Boulevard

No doubt they'll be developed some day, so I'm glad that I've been able to see them like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment