Saturday, July 2, 2022

Cochran Mill

I would say: "A ride at Cochran Mill wouldn't usually be worth writing about..." but now that I think about it, something interesting has happened like 5 out of the last 6 times I rode there. So, maybe there was once a time when it wouldn't be worth writing about, but for the past few years, that really hasn't been the case.

Anyway...

My balls aren't 100% back to normal yet, but they're close enough to enjoy being on the bike, and my fitness has more or less returned. Only one thing left to do. "Get back on the horse" as they say. About a week and a half ago, it was time to ride Cochran Mill again.

I must admit, I was nervous driving over there, and I was a little nervous all the way around the yellow loop. I was cautious as I approached the bumps of doom, but I was much less nervous than fascinated as I approached them. Now healthy, I badly wanted to analyze the mechanics of just what had gone wrong, and now I had the chance..

It turned out that I did misremember something. There are actually 2 trees, one of which kind-of hides the other, and it was the second one that I glanced off of, not the first. That actually explained the tear in my shorts and weird multi-slice wound on my right butt. Pine bark does that. I didn't remember a pine tree though. My mind must have combined them into a single tree.

At any rate, after shooting that little vid above, I rode through the section, at normal speed, without trying to manual anything, survived, didn't mangle any of my parts, and felt great for the rest of the ride.

Achievement unlocked.

Obligatory photo of the mill ruins:

Cochran Mill Falls

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment