Monday, August 8, 2022

Cochran Mill

An after-work ride at Cochran Mill wouldn't usually be worth writing about, but this one is a little interesting. It was just over a week after getting the second-worst sunburn of my life, and I thought that I'd managed to get through it without peeling very much. I wasn't red any more, except for my ankles, which looked the same as they had on the day they got burned. I'd peeled a little in a few spots, but nothing significant.

Boy was I wrong!

I rode a standard Yellow-Red lap, and when I arrived back at the truck, and pulled off my gloves, I pulled most of my skin off with them.

Zombie Skin Hand

Dead skin zombie hand right there.

Both hands looked like that, and the sweat had made massive bubbles everywhere that I'd been burned, which exploded at the slightest touch, with the most amazing cooling senation. It's been like 30 years since I last felt that. I just haven't been burned that badly since my High School Senior Trip.

My ankles were a similar story. Though, the blisters under my socks peeled all the way down to live skin.

Sunburn Damage

Both would blister again later.

Probably not good for me.

On a lighter note, I've been seeing what are apparently known as be "barn quilts" popping up on every structure in the entire Chattahoochee Hills area for the past few years. I always wondered what they were. Now I know!

Barn Quilt Trail

And, apparently you can take a tour! I'm totally doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment