Sunday, October 18, 2009

Big Creek Greenway

Isabel can ride her bike awesome now. I figured she might like to ride somewhere other than the bank parking lot, so we took it to the greenway.

Apparently the greenway has won some awards.

 IMG_0719

Do they give awards for having coyotes?

 IMG_0720

For being totally man-made, the greenway is pretty scenic.

 IMG_0721

Well, almost. The recent rains have more than made up for the drought earlier this year.

 IMG_0722

I walked with Sophie as she rode with her training wheels.

 IMG_0723

Iz was on her own. I think the sense of freedom really set it today and she was loving it.

 IMG_0724

I looked down for a few seconds and Sophie yelled "Whoa, deer!" I looked back up and saw a deer bounding across the trail, through the pond and into the woods only a few feet ahead of Iz. Apparently I only saw the last one. The kids both said there were at least 5 of them. Iz was amazed. We watched them in the woods for a few minutes. They were ambivalent to us. Awesome.

I can't wait until Sophie can ride without her training wheels and we can all ride together.

1 comment: