Saturday, March 12, 2011

Windermere Park and Lake Lanier

Today's outdoor adventure barely counts. Iz has a gym meet later and I've got work to do, but we had a few hours this morning, so the girls and I made the best of them.

We kicked the soccer ball around at Windermere Park for a while. It was sort of a breakthrough day for Sophie. She has suddenly become much more coordinated. I remember when I was a skater teenager, I'd spend all day trying to learn some trick and never land it, then I wouldn't skate for a few days, and then when I'd try it again, it would come totally naturally, like my brain figured it out during the down time. I learned to ski like that too. I wonder if that's what's happening with Sophie. Whatever it is, it's pretty cool. They're still scared of catching the softball, but their batting is much better. I'm going to get some wiffle balls, and we'll throw those around until they get some confidence. The football still eludes them entirely. They like it, bit they can't throw or catch it for beans. Eh, one thing at a time.

Next, we tried to catch a few fish at the lake but in an hour and a half, we got zero nibbles and only saw one little bait shad swimming around. The gulls were having a field day, but we were bored and hungry, so we gave up early.

I've got a long night ahead of me, but I'm hoping to get in a more solid adventure tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment