Monday, August 22, 2011

Buford Hatchery

The Fools Gold made me sleep well. So well in fact that I had no memory of the 20 minutes or so that led up to falling asleep, including putting the kids to bed. When I woke up I had a slight headache but it disappeared after a few minutes.

It was Sunday morning and the kids and I had all day to do whatever, but there were only 2 things any of us wanted to do.

This was one of them.

 Sophie's Fish

Sophie caught a couple of bluegill. I caught a single catfish, or half a catfish as Isabel described it. I got it out of the water, but it shook itself off of the hook and flopped back in on its own. If I'd been hungry I'd have grabbed it, but as it was I was way too lazy and seeing it headed back toward the water on its own just meant less work for me.

After fishing we headed to Douglasville to spend some time with my brother and his family. His youngest was super excited to see the girls and she jumped up and down on the couch screaming "yay! yay! yay!" when we walked in.

We hung out for an hour then went swimming in their neighborhood pool. It started out great but a few minutes later it started thundering and we could see a storm rolling in, crackling just about non-stop. It looked like it might miss us, but when it was within a mile or two, we bailed, just to be safe. We almost got back to his house without getting rained on, but not quite. Ten minutes later it turned into a violent thunderstorm with hail and strong wind and the power even went out. All right, we dodged that bullet.

The kids had schoool the next day so we cut out early. The drive back was tough. There were 2 accidents on 285 and another one on 400. Aside from that though, it was a great, relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment