Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cumming, GA

A week or so ago I fell down some stairs while carrying some boxes. At first I thought I just got my ribs, but it turned out they weren't so bad. The broken blood vessel in my arm though, that was a mess. Cold, pressure and heat resolved the golf-ball sized hematoma the first night, but whenever I'd get my heart rate up it would blow the vein out and the golf ball would come right back.

Ugh. Nothing worse than sitting around nursing an incredibly fragile wound that doesn't hurt.

Finally, today, I felt like I could probably ride without blowing it out again.

I needed a floor pump though. Mine's at my Dad's place. My front tire was flat. Thanks Tim.

I spun a lap around the Reality group ride loop. It was bitter cold. I didn't care. The wind was punishing. I didn't care about that either. I probably didn't exceed 15 mph. Again, I didn't care.

The road is freedom. Tolerance of weather is freedom. Health and fitness are freedom. Being the engine is freedom. It's all I cared about.

Freedom.

I savored it.

May I savor it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment