Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sope Creek

While the family was on their way back to Louisiana this afternoon, I headed over to Sope Creek for a little more exploring.

Unfortunately my iPhone died in the parking lot, so no photos. As it turned out, I didn't find anything spectacular enough to photograph, except for a deer that stood there, 20 feet away, just looking at me long enough to have taken a shot of. Other than that it was just dirt and leaves.

I explored the rest of the hiking trails up on the north end of the unit. I'm starting to get an idea of what are old roads, old trails and new trails, as well as what used to be ridden from chainring marks on downed trees. At least one of the old roads was once paved. There are several sections of old concrete still intact. I wonder what that was all about.

Up above the pond, the creeks that feed it look very manufactured. They don't lie at the lowest point, and there are natural-looking little creeks paralleling them. Weird. Again, what was that all about? Maybe one day I'll stumble across the answer.

One day.

I did stumble across the answer to my my fishing question. As I walked out, I saw two folks fishing off the dock. They didn't look much like outlaws, so I'm guessing it's OK. Can't imaging getting much of a bite today though. It was co-old.

I probably ran around for 2 and a half hours or so. Saw lots of other hikers and bikers, and lots of dogs. Dogs everywhere.

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment