Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Weekly Beatdown

I rode to work this morning. The weather was delicious but the pollen was ridiculous. The phlegm, the wheezing, the runny nose. All oppressive.

In the afternoon it didn't seem as bad on the way over to the bike shop but that was just because I was taking it easy. I toyed with the idea of trying to hang on to the A group, but at the last minute I changed my mind. Lame.

The B group was pretty quick though. I think we averaged 21 miles an hour which is fast for us. We almost got run over twice. A dump truck had to pull off the road to keep from getting hit head on by a pickup passing us in the oncoming lane. Wee. I set myself up perfectly for the sprint, went for it and again, didn't have it. Lame. Again.

And the pollen. Good lord, the pollen. I completely gave up on trying to keep my nose from running and my throat was burning on the ride home AND I hit some wore or something about a block from my house and front flatted. On the upside, I was just a block from my house. It was a pretty good day though. Maybe I'll go for the A group next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment