Monday, May 1, 2023

OCR King Compound

Back on the proverbial horse...

The Board

I made it back out to the OCR King Compound a couple of weeks ago. We did "10 to 1's", where you have to do all 10 exercises on the board, then remove one of your choosing and do the remaining 9, then remove another one and do the remaining 8, etc. I was able to get through 3 full rounds and a bit of round 4 before running out of time, but man was it difficult. It had rained the night before and everything was wet and slippery. I swear it takes like 10% more grip effort when it's wet, and it really adds up. The Everest wall thing was impossibly slippery. My feet just couldn't get a grip. I wasn't able to use my standard strategy to get over the 8 foot wall, and I had to use the step.

The low rig was intimidating. I tried a completely different strategy, that didn't involve hanging upside down from the pipe, and I was fairly successful with it. It took more energy, and I wasn't able to get up the rope at the end. I did made it to the rope, though, and didn't feel too bad about that. I watched Christina do it, and she did the exact same thing that I did when I fell. Somehow the pipe didn't spin on her. "All on one side? I always do it that way." I guess I just had bad luck that one day.

I forgot how bad that stuff beats you up. It took like 3 days before I didn't feel beaten up any more. It was a good "beaten up" though, and I'm looking forward to doing it again regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment