Monday, May 1, 2023

Heritage Park

A few weeks back, I went for a run at Heritage Park. This wouldn't be worth mentioning, except for the minor misadventure I had.

The trail is almost totally flat, except for the descent down to it from the parking lot. That descent is just a straight drop too... no grade reversals, no rolling dips, nothing. So, it inevitably developed a fairly deep channel down the middle. To resolve this, they brought in a huge amount of dirt, distributed it along the entire slope, and put in some rolling dips. The work looks really good, actually.

However, right at the bottom, there was somehow a soft spot. It looked exactly like the ground around it, but when I came down into it, my foot sunk about 3 inches, I tripped, and went all the way down.

Crash! Crash!

It would have been hilarious, and super embarrassing if anyone had seen me, but sadly, there was no one around. So, now, to feel properly silly for doing it, I musto announce my folly to the world, complete with pictures.

Two great things though... The foot that dug into the ground and tripped was the one with the ankle that had been giving me so much trouble. I kinda twisted it when I fell, and then ran on it, but it felt totally fine the whole time, and didn't hurt later. It seems to be pretty well healed. Also, I went all the way down on my left side, pretty hard, and couldn't even roll out of it. But! My ribs felt totally normal afterwards. No pain, and no re-injury that I could tell.

I'm definitely feeling pretty well knitted these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment