Monday, January 4, 2010

Bundick Lake

This past Friday I was in Dry Creek, Louisiana, for my sister-in-law's wedding. There was a lot of work to do, but I was able to slip out for about an hour to get a road ride in around Bundick Lake.

In Georgia, we'd call roads like this flat, but they do undulate a bit. In Louisiana, the wind and road surface are more significant than the terrain. It was definitely windy, and one of the roads was really rough.

 Hwy 1472

The lake itself is surrounded by private property, mostly tree farms, except for a couple of spots. There's public access at the north end.

 Lake Bundick 1

The road crosses over a bit of the lake as well.

 Lake Bundick 2

 Lake Bundick 3

The night before, my wife got an awesome photo of the full moon rising over the lake at the spot in the photo above. It was a blue moon, no less.

It was a pretty good ride. I'd like to have been able to see more of the lake. I suspect now that I have family there, I'll be back. Maybe next time I'll get to take a boat out and do some fishing or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment