Thursday, July 7, 2011

Weekly Beatdown

Things kind of went right for yesterday's beatdown. I got out of the house early enough to spin around my little warm-up route and still have time to hang out at the shop before the B1 ride. The B1 group was friend-heavy today too. Rob, Stephen and Matt were all there, as well as a somewhat-healed Michele Z, back from whacking herself half to death on some kind of water craft a few weeks back. Rob was tired from the Peachtree Road Race last weekend. He and Matt and I sat on the front through the roll-out. My brother taught me that trick. If you're not feeling just right, sit on the front and control the pace. The ride itself was good. I think we averaged about 21.5, which is fast for that group. I didn't have any trouble sitting in. Given how tough the last 3 or 4 of these have been, I took my turns, but I didn't try anything. Stephen did though. He attacked about 5 miles from the end and I never saw him again. I think Matt's been riding his singlespeed a lot. He was pushing huge gears all day. I wondered if his rear derailleur cable had popped. It didn't seem to hurt him. I buried myself trying to catch the break coming down off of Sawnee Mountain but it was hopeless and I crawled in over the last hill and a half. I even made it to Mia's in time for trivia. Not a bad day. I hope it's the start of a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment