Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Big Creek Greenway

Normally Kathryn and I would just go for a walk on a Tuesday but since the kids were still off of school, we all went for a ride on the Greenway instead.

 Rollin'

Woohoo!

We didn't do too long of a ride and it wouldn't really be worth mentioning except for this cool thing that we saw. About 50% of the greenway in Forsyth County (which is where we rode) is a boardwalk over marshland, and these days the water is about 8 or 10 inches deep in most places. In one spot, it even comes up through the boardwalk a little, and in another spot, you can see, for quite a while, that the marsh level is several feet higher than the creek. What the heck could cause that?

A beaver dam!

 Beaver Dam

I saw it when I was out on my road bike last week but I forgot where it was. It turned out to be right where we turned around.

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment