Thursday, April 26, 2012

Weekly Beatdown

Ugh. I guess barely hanging on is better than not hanging on at all.

Yesterday's beatdown was the worst in a long time. I was suffocating, like there just wasn't enough oxygen in the air or something. I even felt like that on my little pre-ride spin through Windermere. It was horrible.

At least 4 different times I had to give up, drop back, recover, chase, then try to work my way up to the front for the next hill so I could drop back again if I had to, which I always did. Fortunately there was always someone to help out with the chase and the traffic at the cross-streets cooperated too. Horrible!

Today I woke up with stuffy sinuses. Maybe I'm allergic to something. Maybe I'm coming down with something. I hope it's the former. My Dad's in town and I want to ride with him, and I've got a race at Yargo this Saturday. I definitely don't need to be sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment