Thursday, May 10, 2012

Weekly Beatdown

Oh man, oh man, oh man... Somehow, despite the rain, I managed to sneak in a ride yesterday and thus felt 10% less terrible on today's group ride than last week. I might have felt even 15% less terrible if I'd bothered to check my tire pressure or realized how freakin' squeaky my chain was before I left the house today.

I ran into soon-to-be-a-daddy Matt Kicklighter at the shop. He rolled out with us and pretty well set the pace today. I found myself on his wheel a lot. A LOT.

I got all I could handle today. My lungs were two sizes too small. Also, at the end I could feel my heart beating all irregularly. What the hell causes that? I've had it happen once before and it was just as weird then as today. I didn't die though, so maybe it's not that big of a problem.

If all goes well with work and weather, maybe I'll even get a ride in tomorrow. Maybe if I can keep that trend up, I'll make it to a couple of races even.

No comments:

Post a Comment