Sunday, February 24, 2019

Nickajack Park

A week and a half ago I got super sick. Like, water pouring out of every part of me that water can pour out of, for 7 hours sick. Like, 6 and a half pounds lighter the next day, couldn't keep water down, and had to go to the hospital for IV fluids sick.

Terrible.

Then, it rained for a week and a half.

Today was the first opportunity to do anything outside. I had an invitation to get in some good gravel miles with Justin and Glen this morning, but we had COC tickets for last night, there were three opening acts, and no seats. My legs were pretty shredded when I got home at 1:30, and there was no way I was going to make a 7am start time in Heflin.

So, instead, I slept in and did an extended local ramble today, including a little spin around Nickajack Park.

Turns out there's a rusty old footbridge at the back of the park that crosses the creek and connects with the school on the other side.

Nickajack Creek Footbridge Nickajack Creek from Footbridge

The school has a baseball field and kind-of a football field, but it made me wonder if at some point they used the park for tennis and basketball.

It was a neat find. I'm sure someone knows the story. I'll have to ask around.

No comments:

Post a Comment