Sunday, February 12, 2023

Heritage Park

The trails at North Cooper Lake Park are technically directional. I'm not sure anyone really pays attention to it, and it's difficult to find on the sign, but it's true. My preferred direction is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. I try to get out most weekday evenings, unless it's raining or something, but I don't always feel like riding the mountain bike. Sometimes it's the road bike, and sometimes I go for a jog. I tend to do those on Tuesday or Thursday, as I can't ride North Cooper Lake Park in the direction that I like on those days.

My favorite place to "run" is Heritage Park, since it's so close, flat, and scenic, so I end up running there quite a bit.

During the warmer months, it's super, super dry out there, but every year, in December or January, it starts getting wet, and staying wet. Every year, I forget when it happens, and am always surprised to see the wetlands actually wet.

Heritage Wetlands

It happened again this year, and I managed to get an actual photo of it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment