Monday, May 10, 2010

Alpharetta Greenway

Mother's Day! Got up late. Breakfast at Waffle House. Kathryn's been asking me to fix her bike for like a year now. Pre-Sophie, she used to tear up Yellow River and Tumbling Creek, but hasn't ridden since then and I've cannibalized her bike for parts ever since.

History on that bike...

I bought a '98 Specialized Stumpjumper hardtail in 1999, broke the frame, bought a new bike, warrantied the frame and hung it up in my garage. Way later I built up a bike for Kathryn from it. She put like 300 miles on it or so and hung it up again. Now that it's running, she's riding a '98 frame that looks like it was made yesterday.

But back to the story. She's been asking me to fix it for a while and today I did. We grabbed some parts from Northstar, got it working and hit the Greenway.

The whole family together!

 Family on Greenway

Kathryn.

 Kathryn

After that we grabbed dinner at Pappadeaux. I ate shrimp, chicken AND alligator. In the SAME meal. So good. Then we saw a movie called Babies about the first year of 4 babies from different parts of the world.

Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment