Monday, July 10, 2023

Blankets Creek

So that ride in Florida was fairly long, and while I could still kind-of feel some lingering effects from re-injuring my ribs, I seemed to have finally kicked whatver that upper respiratory infection that I'd caught in Dallas was. I felt like maybe a longer ride in Georgia was in order, with some actual climbing, but nothing too murderous. I eventually settled on Allatoona, and headed up there...

Only to find that it was race day.

Allatoona Race

They have like one race per year, and I happened to try to ride on the day of the race.

Lord.

The next closest place is Blankets Creek, which I'd ridden recently, but hey... If I combined it with Rope Mill, it would be a decently long ride.

So, I spun a lap around Dwelling and Van Michael. I even managed to stay ahead of some folks on eBikes on Van Michael until the very top, where I ran into my buddy Tom and talked with him for a while. I managed to catch them again later though, and only lost them a second time when I climbed 420 and they just kept going. It always feels good to be faster than a guy on an eBike.

After shredding Blankets, I headed over to Rope Mill, only to find all of the trails closed.

Avalanche Trail Closed

There had been pop-up showers all day, and though none hit Blankets, one had clearly hit Rope Mill. It was still pretty damp on the pavement, even.

Great! Just my luck. Just that kind of day, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment