Monday, July 10, 2023

Mableton

In early June, I was riding this local trail, affectionately known as Trainwrecker, and attempted this super steep switchback, that I can usually clean, if conditions are right. If it's a little too wet, or a little too dry, you can lose traction, but that one day, it seemed fine. And, it was fine, but I was a little off my game and got stalled out, after making the turn, tipped over, and fell all the way down past the lower trail, and onto the backslope below it.

I managed to whack my knee pretty good. It didn't look like anything at the time, but later it got really purple and green.

Busted Knee Busted Knee Bruise

My torso felt a little busted up too, but I didn't think much of it at first. Over the next few days though... Yep. I had slightly re-injured my ribs. I could feel new injury at the exact spots in the front and back that I'd gotten hurt before. It wasn't super bad, but it wasn't good. Classic busted ribs too. Over the first week it got worse and worse, then around a week later started getting better, and took about three weeks to feel strong again.

Goodness. Every time I fall any more: busted ribs.

If recent illness and injury weren't enough though, I ran over some random thing in the street somewhere along the way, really badly punctured my back tire, and ended up having to put a tube in it. Later, I tried plugging it, but the hole was so big that I had to use two plugs in the same hole, and that barely held. During the Vomet ride the next day, I had to juice it twice, and over the next few days it just wouldn't hold air, so I eventually replaced the tire. Considering that the old one had 4 plugs in it (5 if you count the two in one hole as two), it seemed like the right move.

Kind of a rough patch there though... Illness, injury, and mechanicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment