Monday, November 6, 2023

Blankets, Rope, and Toonigh

The day after riding Noontootla, I felt like staying a little closer to home, so I put in some lazy-ish miles in Woodstock.

I started the day out over at Blankets, hitting Mosquito Flats, Dwelling, and the various Flow Trails. Just crusing and shredding. Having a blast.

Shred

I then jumped out on the road and headed over to Rope Mill, where I rode everything on the Mill side, only to find that the non-Mill side was closed. In fact, the Mill side was actually also closed, but since I'd come in from the back way, I just hadn't encountered any signs.

Yikes!

Well, as much as that sucked, I could still splash around in the water for a while.

Toonigh Falls...

Toonigh Falls Pool Beneath Toonigh Falls

I'd been there a while back on Paddleboards, and kinda wanted to visit it again.

I jumped off the cliff-of-doom a bunch of times, climbed all over the rocks, and sat on a ledge and let the water pour over me for a while. I met a bunch of cool people too, including this one chick from Brazil, e eu falei com ela em portugues por um pouco.

I eventually left and it was a bit of a struggle to get back to the road. There were a million people on the trail, both coming and going. Popular place!

When I got back home, I got on the scale...

IDK if I've mentioned this here before, but every time I go to the doctor's office, I get on the scale, and my weight goes into their computer. Since they know how tall I am, the system does some math, decides that I'm overweight, and I start getting automated emails suggesting that I walk briskly for 150 minutes a week. It's an automated system though, so I can't just tell it to follow me on strava. It's become a bit of a joke among with my friends. They want my weight to be a maximum of 158.

That's a Lot of Water

Ha! I need to send them this photo, I guess. If I ride 20 miles in the hottest part of the year, and sweat off an ungodly amount of water, I can apparenty make weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment