Monday, November 6, 2023

Stone Mountain Lake

My brother Daniel and his fiance Kristen were in town this past August. In addition to eating some really good food in downtown Atlanta, and seeing a comedy show, we also went paddleboarding on Stone Mountain Lake.

Stone Mountain Lake

Well, Ksenia, John, Kristen, and I were on paddleboards. Daniel was in a pack-raft.

Ksenia on the Lake All of Us on the Lake

Kristen had never been on a paddleboard before, but she figured it out really quickly, and we had the greatest time!

We basically paddled up and over to this little waterfall...

Daniel at the Falls

(which I actually recognized from hiking to it 10 years ago)

...then just floated around for a while, eating and drinking, occasionally swimming, and generally having a good time, before eventually paddling back.

I want to say we were only out there for like an hour and a half, but it was really great to hang out with everyone.

Also! I managed to not get sunburned. A first for me on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment