Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Silver Comet

I wouldn't normally post about a ride on the Silver Comet, but in early October, during a spin out to Hiram, as I passed the new skatepark, I noticed that a bunch of goats were fenced in around some kudzu. If you have kudzu on your property, you can rent goats to eat it. It works great. They just sit there, eating it all day, and after a while, bam, no more kudzu.

Goats More Goats

That was interesting enough, but what was more interesting was that one of the goats had escaped and it was running all over the skatepark.

Escaped Goat

Some guy was trying to lure it back to the enclosure with a branch, I guess figuring the goat would want to eat the leaves, but was having no luck. Another guy was trying to grab the goat, but I don't think he had much of a plan other than that. I stopped and convinced a group of guys to form a circle around it, then close the circle and walk the closed circle back to where you could open the enclosure, but whenever we'd get close, that same guy would try to run in and grab the goats horns, and the goat would butt the hell out of him and escape through his spot in the circle. After 3 tries, I gave up and left. Someone assured me that they had called the number on the fence and that someone was on their way over.

When I rode back through later, the goat was on the other side of the Silver Comet, just hanging out, eating the kudzu over there. A few days later, the entire fence had been moved to the other side, and all of the goats were over there.

Goats!

No comments:

Post a Comment