Monday, November 6, 2023

Mableton

This only vaguely counts as outdoor, but I'm going to include it...

I've got this yellow jacket nest growing in my carport, above my truck. I only noticed it after it had gotten pretty big. These days it's over twice as big, but back in November, this was the state of it.

My Wasp Buddies

The yellow jackets (if that's indeed what they are, they look like yellow jackets) don't bother me a bit. They spend almost all their time huddled up on the nest. I swear, if I come within 100 feet of a nest in the woods, I get stung, but these guys leave me completely alone. I figured, as long as they leave me alone, they can stay, and they've left me alone, and stayed, for the last couple of months. We've got this truce going, and it's actually kind of nice to have yellow-jacket buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment